This Community Information Bulletin is maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa.
This Site is linked to documents provided by various organizations and to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CIC). The CIC is not responsible for the content of those documents or websites. The CIC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such documents or websites does not imply endorsement by the CIC of those documents or websites. Anyone linking to this Site must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
The Community Information Bulletin is distributed by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CICO) in two formats, an e-Mail Broadcasting Service and an electronic Bulletin Board.
- The e-Mail Broadcasting Service reaches over 2,750 individuals working in the non-profit sector in the City of Ottawa and a small number of for-profit organizations that offer free or specialized services.The e-mail broadcast is a compilation of the weeks new postings. It is sent out Wednesdays when the bulletin board is updated
- The Bulletin Board is located on our website which averages over 15,000 hits per month. It features all the postings of the last month
Before submitting a posting,
please be sure to read the following information.
exclusion criteria for posting:
- Postings must be of local interest and be of community awareness
- CICO reserves the right to exclude a posting
Inclusion in the e-Mail
Broadcasting Service or on the Bulletin Board does not imply endorsement by the Community Information
Centre of Ottawa.
Postings which are not
* Partisan and political postings
* Advertisement for the sale of goods or merchandise - including the services offered by an individual
* Promotions of a faith
* Material that is intended to slander a group or person or that promotes hatred or discrimination
- This service is free, until further notice, for non-profit agencies serving the city of Ottawa with condition that the service offered is free, subsidized or for a minimal fee. Fees may apply to other posting requests.
- For-profit organizations may post for a fee. Please call 613-241-4636
To post we will require:
- A contact name, title, organization name, telephone number, email address.
- The requested posting in a PDF or Microsoft Word document, formatted to be readable and understandable. Formatting is not provided by the CICO. The approved postings will appear as received.
- Translation is not provided. We encourage postings be made available in English and in French but it is not required
- The posting must be sent as an attachment. Requests that are in the body of the email will not be approved.
- Information received up to Monday at 12 noon will be distributed and posted on the following Wednesday
- Postings will be placed in archives after 30 days or when no longer applicable or until requested to be removed by the organization in question
to email a posting.
Page updated on 06/19/2013