- Canada’s anti-spam law requires we obtain your consent to send you these emails. We want to keep in touch with you! In order to do so we ask that you please take a moment and register your email address to our email broadcast distribution list. Click here to confirm your email address. If you have already sent us the confirmation via email, it is not necessary to send it again.
- Ordering 2-1-1 promotional material is simple and free! Place your order online at 211 Ontario.
We have a new deadline for our weekly community information bulletin! Please send us your postings before noon on the Friday preceding the bulletin.
211 Eastern Ontario was featured on the United Way Minute - check out the video that explains briefly who we are and what we do, featuring many of our colleagues.
- The Community Information Centre of Ottawa (that's us!) is having its 42nd Annual General Meeting on June 27th.
- The Human Services Justice Coordinating Committee, with the support of the Ottawa Youth Justice Services Network and Crime Prevention Ottawa, is organizing an Agency Fair for Transitional-Aged Youth. The fair will take place on July 14th...15/06/2016
- Hire Immigrants Ottawa is hosting a Business & Employer Learning Forum on June 23rd...15/06/2016
- Check out the Alzheimer Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County's press release about their recent fundraising success!...18/05/2016
Employment & Volunteering
- The Community Information Centre of Ottawa (that's us!) is looking for an Information and Referral Specialist, a 211 Development Project Officer, and SPARK Community Animators.
- The Ottawa Food Bank is looking for volunteers for the HOPE Volleyball Summerfest Tournament on July 16th...15/06/2016
- The Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre (RRCRC) is looking for a Support Worker for their Syrian Refugees Program. Apply by June 24th...15/05/2016
- The Lowertown Community Resource Centre is seeking an Executive Director. Apply by June 20th...15/06/2016
- The Ministry of the Attorney General's Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee is looking for a Counter Clerk. Apply by June 20th...15/06/2016
- The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa is looking for a Coordinator of Legal Services. Apply by June 26th...15/05/2016
- Andrew Fleck Child Care Services is looking for an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Assistant and a Housekeeper-Assistant Cook. Apply by June 27th and July 4th, respectively...15/05/2016
- The Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is looking for a Student Parent Support Worker/Program Facilitator and an Administrative Support, Pathways to Education...08/06/2016
- Join the Hospice Care Ottawa team! They are currently seeking a Family Support Counsellor for their Residence Program...08/06/2016
- The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa is looking for a Bilingual Child and Youth Counsellor and a Foster Care/Adoption Worker. Apply by June 17th and 26th, respectively...08/06/2016
- L’Arche Ottawa is seeking a Fund-Raiser or Manager of Development for its Ottawa office...08/06/2016
- The Ottawa Community Immigrant Service Organization (OCISO) is looking for Youth Assistant Facilitators and a Private Sponsorship Facilitator. ...08/06/2016
- The Centretown Community Health Centre is looking to fill Summer Student positions in Communications (New Leaf) and Food Security (New Leaf). Apply by June 10th...08/06/2016
- The Abbeyfield Houses Society of Ottawa is looking for volunteers: a House Managera Member of the Residency Committee, a Human Resources Generalist, a Kitchen Volunteer and an Assistant Property Manager...08/06/2016
- The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre is seeking applicants for the following summer jobs: Youth Program Assistant, Ontario Early Years Centre Parent Resource Worker, Fund Development and Marketing Assistant, Child and Youth Program Assistant and Food Bank Program Assistant...01/06/2016
- The Gignul Non-Profit Housing Corporation is looking to hire a Tenant Relations Assistant and a Maintenance Assistant...01/06/2016
- The Ottawa Craft Beer Run is looking for Volunteer Committee members to join their team! Proceeds from the run this year will be going to the Ottawa Riverkeeper...01/06/2016
- Citizen Advocacy is hiring Lifetime Networks Facilitators for different areas in Ottawa...01/06/2016
- The Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is looking for Administrative Support - Families First...25/05/2016
- The Adoption Council of Canada (ACC) is looking for an Administrative Assistant (Summer position)...25/05/2016
- You can make a difference in a child's life! Become a volunteer with the Ottawa Network for Education...25/05/2016
- The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network Ottawa is recruiting volunteers for their various committees...25/05/2016
- The Carlington Community Health Centre is looking for a bilingual Counselling Coordinator / Therapist...18/05/2016
- On June 29th and July 8th, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is holding information sessions for the Power of Trades training program, for skilled trades. Apply by July 12th...15/06/2016
- Volunteer Ottawa has several upcoming workshops: Working with the Media on June 10th, Volunteer Management: Engaging Staff to Support Volunteers on June 14th and Website design - WordPress for Non-Profit Organizations on June 17th...08/06/2016
- Immigrant Women Services Ottawa will be offering free computer classes for women: Permanent Residents, Convention Refugees and Caregivers...08/06/2016
- Effective Measures will be holding free Evaluation Workshops in June: Survey Design and Ripple Effect Mapping. ...11/05/2016
- The Vanier Community Service Centre just published its June workshop calendar...01/06/2016
- Help put a little theatre in a child’s life this summer! The Ottawa Little Theatre is offering bursaries to Summer Drama Camps and Youth Workshops. Based on referral from a social service or school, full or partial bursaries are offered to children or youth, 9 – 17 years old, who meet the criteria. Consult the information sheet and application form for more details...01/06/2016
- The Carlington Community Health Centre will be presenting Keeping It Cool, a conflict solutions program for males 15-18 years old...01/06/2016
- Crime Prevention Ottawa is holding a Speaker Series event on June 15th: Why Faith-Based Crime Prevention Matters...25/05/2016
- The Good Companions will be hosting educational seminars in June: Aging Safe at Home on June 15th, and A Mindful Approach to Stress Reduction on June 30th...25/05/2016
- The Carlington Community Health Centre will be hosting Backpack Adventures, a Family Literacy School Readiness program starting in July...18/05/2016
- In June and July, the Carlington Community Health Centre will present five free sessions of Infant Massage...18/05/2016
- The South-East Community Health Centre, in collaboration with Ottawa Fire Services, will be presenting Fire Safety for Seniors, for caregivers to seniors or vulnerable adults...18/05/2016
- The Neal Squire Society has just released its June Working Together Workshops Calendar...18/05/2016
- Citizen Advocacy will be hosting monthly Walking In My Shoes (WIMS) support groups in June for parents and guardians of a child with special needs. The June 21st meeting will include a presentation from City of Ottawa staff about Mooney's Bay Park...08/06/2016
- Ottawa Public Health's Parenting in Ottawa initiative discusses different subjects of interest to parents. From June 20th to 24th, they will discuss safety in the sun, and a guest from Maison Fraternité will talk about alcohol...15/06/2016
- Ottawa Public Health offers new extended hours for free dental screenings available at Community Health or Resource Centers across the City of Ottawa in June. View their website for more details...01/06/2016
- The Canadian Blood Services has just released its schedule of Blood Donor Clinics in the Eastern Ontario area during June...25/05/2016
- On June 15th, the Nepean, Rideau and Osgoode Community Resource Centre will be holding a Wine and Cheese Tasting in support of the Elder Abuse Response & Referral Service Ottawa's Crisis Bed Program...15/06/2016
- Celebrate Welcoming Ottawa Week at the Y Newcomer Information Centre’s free Y World Bazaar! Join community partners in honouring Ottawa’s diverse cultures with arts and crafts, traditional dances, cultural exhibition and refreshments on June 23rd...15/06/2016
- Ottawa & Gatineau ACORN will hold an Art In the Park fundraiser on July 9th...08/06/2016
- The Lowertown Community Resource Centre has published its Calendar of Activities for June...08/06/2016
- On June 17th, the Emmanuel United Church is hosting the Syrian Refugee Fund Raiser with Shout Sister Choir. Bring your family and friends and dance along with the music! Consult the attached document for more information...08/06/2016
- The Live and Learn Resource Centre's Summer Fun Day is happening on June 23rd...08/06/2016
- Pathways to Independence will be holding its Brain Injury Awareness Walk on June 18th...25/05/2016
- The Gignul Non-Profit Housing Corporation will be holding its Annual Fundraiser Garage Sale on July 23rd...25/05/2016
- On June 25th, Causeway Work Centre, Right Bike, and Cycle Salvation are partnering up with Mississippi Mills Bicycle Month in June to run the first Mississippi Mills Vintage Bicycle Show...25/05/2016
- The Good Companions will be holding special events this month: the O’Reilly’s Retirement Luncheon on June 10th, the Strawberry Social on June 15th, the Birthday Party on June 24th, and the Canada Day Themed Lunch on June 30th...25/05/2016
- The Lowertown Community Resource Center's 39th annual general meeting will be held on Tuesday June 21st...25/05/2016
- The Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre's Board of Directors invites you to attend their 36th Annual General Meeting. This year, it will be held on June 27th...18/05/2016
This Community Information Bulletin is maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa.
This Site is linked to documents provided by various organizations and to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CIC). The CIC is not responsible for the content of those documents or websites. The CIC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such documents or websites does not imply endorsement by the CIC of those documents or websites. Anyone linking to this Site must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
The Community Information Bulletin is distributed by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CICO) in two formats, an e-Mail Broadcasting Service and an electronic Bulletin Board.
- The e-Mail Broadcasting Service reaches over 2,400 individuals working in the non-profit sector in the City of Ottawa and a small number of for-profit organizations that offer free or specialized services.The e-mail broadcast is a compilation of the weeks new postings. It is sent out Wednesdays when the bulletin board is updated
- The Bulletin Board is located on our website which averages over 15,000 hits per month. It features all the postings of the last month
Before submitting a posting, please be sure to read the following information.
Inclusion and exclusion criteria for posting:
- Postings must be of local interest and be of community awareness
Postings will be divided according to the following categories:
* Employment & Volunteering
* Professional Development
* Support Groups
* Health Information
* General Information
- Inclusion in the e-Mail Broadcasting Service or on the Bulletin Board does not imply endorsement by the CICO.
- CICO reserves the right to exclude a posting
Postings which are not acceptable include:
* Partisan and political postings
* Advertisement for the sale of goods or merchandise - including the services offered by an individual
* Promotions of a faith
* Material that is intended to slander a group or person or that promotes hatred or discrimination
- This service is free, until further notice, for non-profit agencies serving the city of Ottawa with condition that the service offered is free, subsidized or for a minimal fee
- Fees may apply to other posting requests
- For-profit organizations may post for a fee. Please call 613-241-4636
To post we will require:
- The requested posting in a PDF (.pdf) or Microsoft Word (.doc) document, formatted to be readable and understandable. Formatting is not provided by the CICO. The approved postings will appear as received
- ** NOTE : We changed the posting criteria for our Employment and Volunteering section.
- Requests to the Employment and Volunteering section must now be provided with a direct link [URL] to your website where this information is posted. Simply send your email request with the following information, i.e. Counsellor, Community Information Centre http://www.communityinfo.ca/Counsellor_2015.pdf
- We no longer accept/post .pdf or .doc under this section as of August 2015
- The posting must be sent as an attachment via e-mail. Requests that are in the body of the email will not be approved
- If you are sending a posting request that is not from the organization you work for, please indicate in the body of the email which organization it is from
- The document should contain a contact name, title, organization name, telephone number and/or email address
- We encourage postings be made available in English and in French but it is not required. Translation is not provided
- Information received up to Friday at 12 noon will be distributed and posted on the following Wednesday
- The bulletin is not updated on statutory holidays
- Documents can be posted for 30 days, until the event date has passed or until requested to be removed by the organization in question
Click here to email a posting.
Page updated on 04/02/2016