- Canada’s anti-spam law requires we obtain your consent to send you these emails. We want to keep in touch with you! In order to do so we ask that you please take a moment and register your email address to our email broadcast distribution list. Click here to confirm your email address. If you have already sent us the confirmation via email, it is not necessary to send it again.
- Ordering 2-1-1 promotional material is simple and free! Place your order online at 211 Ontario.
We have a new deadline for our weekly community information bulletin! Please send us your postings before noon on the Friday preceding the bulletin.
- Winter can be a challenge for many, especially individuals living on a low income or who are coping with a significant change in their circumstances. 211 is launching its campaign Help Starts Here to raise awareness on community services. For more information, watch the video!
- Here is our list of ongoing Out of the Cold free meals and snacks list for the Ottawa area.
- Don’t miss your chance to bring recognition to someone who is doing important work in your community! The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is now open until February 3rd to give Canadian volunteers the recognition they deserve...18/01/2017
- Hire Immigrants Ottawa is accepting entries for the 2017 Employer Excellence Awards from employers in the National Capital Region...11/01/2017
- The Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and Le Réseau des services de santé en français de l’Est de l’Ontario (The Réseau) are celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Ontario’s French Language Services Act...21/12/2016
Employment and Volunteering
- The Community Information Centre of Ottawa (that's us!) is looking for a Treasurer for its Board of Directors.
- Elder Abuse Ontario is looking for a Regional Consultant East. Apply before January 20th...18/01/2017
- The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa has a very high need for foster parents...18/01/2017
- The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board is looking for Program Facilitators. Apply before February 3rd...18/01/2017
- The Advocacy Centre for the Elderly is looking for a Staff Research and Policy Lawyer. Apply by February 17th...18/01/2017
- The Sandy Hill Community Health Centre is looking for a Centralized Receptionist. Apply by January 25th...18/01/2017
- L’Arche Ottawa is looking for volunteers to help build a community with adults with developmental disabilities and their Coordination Team...18/01/2017
- The Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre is looking for volunteers for its Community Tax Clinics...18/01/2017
- The Lowertown Community Resource Centre is sharing a Request for Proposal for a Social Enterprise Consultant...18/01/2017
- Grade A, in partnership with the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, is looking for an Inside Technical Sales Representative, a Systems Integrator and a Sales Prospector...11/01/2017
- Service Coordination for People with Developmental Disabilities is looking for Assessors/Service navigators...11/01/2017
- Chipotle, in collaboration with the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, is hosting a hiring session on January 12th...11/01/2017
- Amethyst Women's Addiction Centre is looking for a Counsellor for the French Substance Abuse program...11/01/2017
- Canadian Organic Growers-Ottawa St Lawrence Outaouais Chapter is looking for an Assistant Coordinator and a SOG Administrative Coordinator...11/01/2017
- The Elizabeth Fry Society of Ottawa (EFSO) is looking for Volunteer Board Members...11/01/2017
- Professional Warehouse Demonstrations, in partnership with the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, is holding a Hiring Session on January 19th...11/01/2017
- The Ottawa Network for Education needs volunteers to help students!...11/01/2017
- The Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO) is looking for a Mental Health Crisis Worker...11/01/2017
- Andrew Fleck Child Care Services is looking for a Bilingual Behaviour Management Consultant...11/01/2017
- The Ottawa Suicide Prevention Coalition is looking for volunteers to join its Post Suicide Support Team...11/01/2017
- The Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre is looking for an Employment Counsellor and Program Facilitator...11/01/2017
- The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa is looking for a Bilingual Human Resources Advisor - Staffing...11/01/2017
- The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is looking for a Resource Centre Advisor. Apply before December 25th...21/12/2016
- The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa is looking for a bilingual Legal Counsel...21/12/2016
- The Board of Directors of the Cumberland Not for Profit Housing Corporation is looking for Board member volunteers...21/12/2016
- Scotiabank, in partnership with the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, is looking to hire Customer Service Officers...21/12/2016
- Saint-Elizabeth is looking to hire Personal Support Workers...21/12/2016
- Andrew Fleck Child Care Services is looking for an Early Childhood Educator...21/12/2016
- Harmer House is hosting Tiered Exercise Program: training for professionals working in recreation or social services with seniors...18/01/2017
- CMHA-Ottawa will be hosting various Dialectical Behaviour Therapy training sessions over the next few months...18/01/2017
- Volunteer Ottawa will be holding workshops in the coming weeks: Working with the Media on February 15th, Communications Planning for Not-for-profit organizations on March 8th and more!...18/01/2017
- The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region will be offering Power of Trades, a non-technical pre-employment training program for permanent residents, convention refugees or live-in caregivers...21/12/2016
- The Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa will be offering the Youth Job Connection Program in January...21/12/2016
- Family Services Ottawa is holding different Parenting Edge workshops in January and February: Effective Parenting through Positive Discipline on January 26th, FRIENDS for Life on January 25th and Parenting through High Conflict Separation and Divorce on January 31st or February 2nd...18/01/2017
- The Ottawa Safety Council has two upcoming PD Day Babysitter Training Courses for ages 12 and over, on January 30th and February 17th...18/01/2017
- On February 21st, the Ontario Ministry of Finance and the Ottawa-Orléans MPP will be holding Get Your Money!, an information session on understanding Ontario's tax credits and benefits for individuals and families...18/01/2017
- On February 2nd, the Social Planning Council will be offering Results chains and logic models, a free workshop on connecting what you do with the change you want to see...18/01/2017
- Citizen Advocacy Ottawa's Fetal Alcohol Resource Program is hosting Facts and Strategies for Supporting People with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder on February 8th...11/01/2017
- The Community Employment Resource Centre (CERC) has published its January Workshop Calendar...11/01/2017
- On January 16th, the Oasis in Kanata will be presenting Family Wellness and Coping Plans for caregivers and family members...11/01/2017
- Crime Prevention Ottawa is holding Protect Yourself, Protect Your Clients: Fraud, Tax Scams and More!, a workshop on January 31st...11/01/2017
- On January 11th, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region will be hosting a workshop about Employment Scams...11/01/2017
- The Neil Squire Society of Ottawa has published their January Working Together Workshop Calendar...21/12/2016
- The Good Companions will be offering educational lectures in the New Year: Exercise in The Elderly on January 18th and Do We Love Ourselves Enough? on January 24th...21/12/2016
- CFS Ottawa will offer an evening support group for francophone women 50 years and older who have experienced abuse from a partner or adult children...18/01/2017
- The PLEO parents support groups for the week of January 16th, 2017 are: Carleton Place and Ottawa (CHEO), as well as a new francophone group at the Centre Psychosocial...18/01/2017
- Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre will be running Keeping it Cool, an anger management group for girls 15-18 years old...18/01/2017
- Family Services Ottawa/Services à la famille Ottawa will be starting a Therapy Support Group in January for MOMS experiencing postnatal distress, depression and/or anxious moods...11/01/2017
- Family Services Ottawa's MOMS Program will be offering a December Drop-In time for parents experiencing perinatal distress, depression and/or anxious moods, as well as Perinatal Mental Health Services in the new year...21/12/2016
- Walking in My Shoes (WIMS) is a monthly group for parents and guardians of a child with special needs...21/12/2016
- The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation will be offering a 12 week exercise program, free of charge, for prostate cancer survivors, designed specifically to address the health and treatment related concerns of men living with this disease...18/01/2017
- Parenting in Ottawa, an Ottawa Public Health initiative, explores different subjects of interest to parents. From January 23rd to 27th, they will discuss, amongst other things: dental health, Bell Let’s Talk Day, helping kids learn to love new food, and Winter Walk Day...18/01/2017
- The Métis Nation of Ontario is hosting Winter Wilderness Snowshoeing on Thursdays in January...18/01/2017
- On January 22nd, the Ottawa Public Library is celebrating Family Literacy Day with a musical performance entitled The Grand Study...18/01/2017
- The Jack Purcell Recreation Association will be hosting various youth programs, including Youth Night, Dodgeball and Youth Yoga...18/01/2017
- MPP Marie-France Lalonde and MP Andrew Leslie invite you to go bowling on Family Day...18/01/2017
- The Carlington Community Health Centre has shared its Parent-Child Program Calendar for Winter/Spring 2017...11/01/2017
- The Lowertown Community Resource Centre has shared its January 2017 Activities Calendar...11/01/2017
- The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region's Employment Access Centres have published their January calendars for the Merivale and Argyle locations...11/01/2017
- Dinners Unlimited will offer free meals on January 14th, 2017 from 10 am-3 pm at The Christ Church Cathedral (414 Sparks St)...11/01/2017
- The Good Companions Seniors' Centre will be hosting special events in the New Year: Rabbie Burns Lunch on January 23rd and the January Birthday Party on the 27th...21/12/2016
This Community Information Bulletin is maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa.
This Site is linked to documents provided by various organizations and to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CIC). The CIC is not responsible for the content of those documents or websites. The CIC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such documents or websites does not imply endorsement by the CIC of those documents or websites. Anyone linking to this Site must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
The Community Information Bulletin is distributed by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CICO) in two formats, an e-Mail Broadcasting Service and an electronic Bulletin Board.
- The e-Mail Broadcasting Service reaches over 2,400 individuals working in the non-profit sector in the City of Ottawa and a small number of for-profit organizations that offer free or specialized services.The e-mail broadcast is a compilation of the weeks new postings. It is sent out Wednesdays when the bulletin board is updated
- The Bulletin Board is located on our website which averages over 15,000 hits per month. It features all the postings of the last month
Before submitting a posting, please be sure to read the following information.
Inclusion and exclusion criteria for posting:
- Postings must be of local interest and be of community awareness
Postings will be divided according to the following categories:
* Employment & Volunteering
* Professional Development
* Support Groups
* Health Information
* General Information
- Inclusion in the e-Mail Broadcasting Service or on the Bulletin Board does not imply endorsement by the CICO.
- CICO reserves the right to exclude a posting
Postings which are not acceptable include:
* Partisan and political postings
* Advertisement for the sale of goods or merchandise - including the services offered by an individual
* Promotions of a faith
* Material that is intended to slander a group or person or that promotes hatred or discrimination
- This service is free, until further notice, for non-profit agencies serving the city of Ottawa with condition that the service offered is free, subsidized or for a minimal fee
- Fees may apply to other posting requests
- For-profit organizations may post for a fee. Please call 613-761-9076
To post we will require:
- The requested posting in a PDF (.pdf) or Microsoft Word (.doc) document, formatted to be readable and understandable. Formatting is not provided by the CICO. The approved postings will appear as received
- ** NOTE : We changed the posting criteria for our Employment and Volunteering section.
- Requests to the Employment and Volunteering section must now be provided with a direct link [URL] to your website where this information is posted. Simply send your email request with the following information, i.e. Counsellor, Community Information Centre http://www.communityinfo.ca/Counsellor_2015.pdf
- We no longer accept/post .pdf or .doc under this section as of August 2015
- The posting must be sent as an attachment via e-mail. Requests that are in the body of the email will not be approved
- If you are sending a posting request that is not from the organization you work for, please indicate in the body of the email which organization it is from
- The document should contain a contact name, title, organization name, telephone number and/or email address
- We encourage postings be made available in English and in French but it is not required. Translation is not provided
- Information received up to Friday at 12 noon will be distributed and posted on the following Wednesday
- The bulletin is not updated on statutory holidays
- Documents can be posted for 30 days, until the event date has passed or until requested to be removed by the organization in question
Click here to email a posting.
Page updated on 04/02/2016